The Vicarstown Dieselworks, also known as the Sodor Dieselworks, is the main diesel locomotive repair facility on the Island of Sodor. The Diesels of the North Western, Culdee Fell and Arlesdale Railways are repaired here. It has a secondary purpose as being a shed for a large number of the NWR's diesel fleet.
- An elevating turntable
- A stationery crane named Happy Hook
- A set of lifting jacks
- An on-site smelting department
- A five-road shed with a turntable to accommodate the diesels
- A special shed for Diesel 10
- A giant vice
- The Dieselworks logo is a picture of an engine of Den's class with "Vicarstown" and "Dieselworks" above and below it respectively, and black hazard stripes on the sides.