The Skarloey Railway (abbreviated as SR) is a narrow gauge (2'3") railway on the Island of Sodor. It is run by Peter Percival, owned by Sir Handel Qualtraugh Brown and its Chief Mechanical Engineer is David Hugh. It is the oldest of the Sudrian railways.
The railway starts at Crovan's Gate, where it connects to the North Western Railway, and runs to Skarloey. Near Lakeside is another line which leads to Ulfstead Castle, where it connects to the Estate Railway, and the abandoned Boulder Quarry.
- Frederick Mack (1865 - 1902)
- Robert Sam (1902 - 1936)
- Peter Sam (1936 - 1951)
- Roger Sam (1951- 1980)
- Peregrine Percival (1980 - 2012)
- Peter Percival (2012 - present)
Chairman of the Board
- Shamus Treboc (1865 - 1886)
- Curtis Lloyd (1886 - 1909)
- Sir Handel Brown (1909 - 1950)
- Sir Handel Lloyd Brown (1951 - 2016)
- Sir Handel Qualtraugh Brown (2016 - present; acting: 2005 - 2016)
Chief Mechanical Engineer
- Robert "Bobbie" Merrick (1866 - 1890)
- Owen Johns (1890 - 1919)
- David Hugh I (1919 - 1951)
- Ivo Hugh (1951 - 1991)
- David Hugh II (1991 - present)
- The Talyllyn Railway in Wales is its twin railway.